陕西省渭南市 2017-2018 学年高一英语上学期第二次月考试题
注意事项： 1. 本试题卷分为第 I 卷（选择题）和第Ⅱ卷（非选择题）两部分。满分 150 分，考试时间 120 分钟。 2. 答题前， 考生在答题卡上务必用直径 0.5 毫米黑色墨水签字笔将自己的姓名、 准考证号填 写清楚，并贴好条形码。请认真核准条形码上的准考证号、姓名和科目。 3. 每小题选出答案后，用 2B 铅笔把答题卡上对应题目的答案标号涂黑，如需改动，用橡皮 擦干净后，再选涂其他答案标号，在试题卷上作答无效。 4. 答题时，如有答案是 E 涂 AB 两个选项,F 涂 AC 两个选项,G 涂 AD 两个选项. 第 I 卷(选择题，共 100 分) 第一部分 听力（共两节，满分 30 分）
第一节 （共 5 小题；每小题 1.5 分，满分 7.5 分） 听下面 5 段对话。每段对话后有一个小题，从题中所给的 A、B、C 三个选项中选出最佳 选项，并标在试卷的相应位置。听完每段对话后，你都有 10 秒钟的时间来回答有关小题和阅 读下一小题。每段对话仅读一遍。 1. What does the man use to take notes in class? A. A pencil. B. A pen. C. A computer.
2. When should the woman take her medicine next time? A. At 3 o’clock. B. At 4 o’clock. C. At 5 o’clock.
3. How much did the woman pay for the shirt yesterday? A. $80. B. $40. C. $30.
4. How will the woman go to the airport? A. By bus. B. By subway. C. By taxi.
5. Why does the man come to the woman? A. To take a picture of her. B. To ask for a new ID Card. C. To get a social security number. 第二节 （共 15 小题；每小题 1.5 分，满分 22.5 分） 听下面 5 段对话或独白。每段对话或独白后有几个小题，从题中所给的 A、B、C 三个选 项中选出最佳选项，并标在试卷的相应位置。听每段对话或独白前，你将有时间阅读各个小
题，每小题 5 秒钟；听完后，各小题将给出 5 秒钟的作答时间。每段对话或独白读两遍。 听下面一段对话，回答第 6 和第 7 两个小题。 6.What is the man looking for? A. A pair of Gap trousers. trousers. 7. What can be known from the conversation? A. The man may buy a CK shirt. B. The man tries on a pair of trousers. C. The price of a pair of Gap trousers is 98 dollars. 听下面一段对话，回答第 8 和第 9 两个小题。 8. What was the weather like in America according to the man? A. Cool. 9. What do we know about the man? A. He stayed in America for two weeks. B. He traveled around America by car. C. He doesn’t like typical Japanese food. 听下面一段对话，回答第 10 至第 12 三个小题。 10. How many years did the man study abroad altogether? A. 5 years. 11. Where is the man from? A. America. B. Japan. C. Canada. B. 9 years. C. 10 years. B. Hot. C. Fine. B. A blue Gap shirt. C. A pair of CK
12.Where do American teenagers like to hold parties? A. In their own houses. B. In their classrooms. C. In pubs.
听下面一段对话，回答第 13 至第 16 四个小题。 13. What happened to Anita? A. She fell off her bike. B. She fell from the stairs. C. She fell off the ladder. 14. Where are the man and his students? A. On the first floor of Cutler Hall. B. On the second floor of the dormitory building C. On the second floor of Cutler Hall. 15. What does the woman do most probably?
A. A telephone operator.
B. A doctor.
C. A nurse.
16. What does the woman ask the man to do? A. To drive Anita to the hospital. B. To wait for the ambulance. C. To ask more students for help. 听下面一段独白，回答第 17 至第 20 四个小题。 17. Which grade is the speaker in? A. The second grade. B. The third grade. C. The fourth grade.
18. What does the speaker ask the students to keep with them? A. A school map. classes. 19. Where can the students choose their optional courses? A. In the cafeteria. center. 20. What will the speaker probably do next? A. Take the students on a tour of the school. B. Give the students advice on taking classes. C. Describe the school buildings to the students. 第二部分：阅读理解（共两节，满分 40 分） 第一节： （共 15 小题；每小题 2 分，满分 30） 阅读下列四篇短文，从每小题后所给的四个选项（A、B、C、D）中，选出最佳选项，并 在答题卡上将该选项涂黑。 A (1) WANTED Are you hard-working? Do you like to meet people? If your answer is “Yes”, then we have a job for you as a waiter. Call AL Hotel at 556779! (3) HELP WANTED Do you like babies? Can you look after (2) SUMMER JOB Do you like to talk with people? Do you like to write stories? If you want to work for our magazine as a reporter, please call Karen at 558366. (4)CLEANER WANTED Can you make a large house clean and tidy? If you hope to get the job paid at $20 once, call us this evening B. In the students’ union. C. In the computer B. A library card. C. A list of
one baby for two days? If you are sure to take good care of it, call us at 766588. $80 or more. Today! Hurry!
21. The above job ads(广告) are probably from a ______ . A. newspaper B. story book C. TV show D. radio program
22. If you like children and have two days free, you can call at ______for a job. A. 766588 B. 633800 C. 556779 D. 558366
23. If the owner of the large house asks a cleaner to tidy his house twice a week, how much will the cleaner get in a month? A. $240 B. $200 C. $160 D. $120
24. _______are needed in AL Hotel. A. Cleaners Waiters B In the world today, all of the people need recreation(消遣). We cannot work all the time if we are going to keep healthy and enjoy life. Everyone has his own way of relaxing. Perhaps the most popular form is to take part in sports. There are team sports, such as basketball and football. There are also individual(个人的) sports, such as swimming and running. Skating and mountain climbing are the most popular recreation for people who like to be outdoor. Not everyone who enjoys sports likes to take part in them. Many people like watching them on TV or listening to them on the radio. So many people like some forms of recreation, such as watching TV, singing and dancing. It doesn’t matter whether we like indoor recreation or take part in outdoor sports. It is important for everyone to relax from time to time and enjoy some forms of recreation. 25．Which is the most popular form of recreation according to this text? A.Sports. dancing. 26．People want to take part in sports in order to ____. A.keep healthy and enjoy life C.find a good job 27．Outdoor sports include ____. A.watching TV C.listening to the radio 28．The passage mainly tells us that ____. A.basketball is a kind of team sport B.everyone who enjoys sports should take part in them B.singing and dancing D.skating and mountain climbing B.make friends D.make more money B.Watching TV. C.Sleeping. D.Singing and B. Baby-sitters C. Reporters D.
C.different people have different ways of relaxing D.indoor recreation is not as important as outdoor sports C At 26, Jane Goodall had no college education or science training. But since childhood, she had been dreaming of working closely with animals in Africa. “All through my childhood people said you can’t go to Africa. You’re a girl.” Goodall said. “But my mother used to say, if you really want to, there’s nothing you can’t do.” In 1957, the 26-year-old Goodall went to Kenya to work as a secretary. She also arranged to meet the famous scientist Louis Leakey, who was so impressed by her enthusiasm that he hired her as his assistant. She went with him on many trips to the African jungle and in 1960 Leakey sent Goodall to live among chimpanzees in a remote animal preserve, recording the animals’ behavior and interactions. For three months Goodall made little progress. But she said, “I never came close to giving up.” Her breakthrough came one day when she saw a male chimpanzee stick a piece of grass into a termite (白蚁) hill, then put the grass in his mouth. Afterward she came to the hill and did the same. Pulling the grass out, she discovered dozens of termites on it. The discovery — that some animals use tools — was unknown to most scientists at the time. Goodall saw chimpanzees exhibit human-like emotions, such as jealousy and love. But she also discovered they were capable of violent attacks against each other. Goodall received her Ph.D. in the study of animal behavior at England’s Cambridge University. Now she travels around the globe raising money to preserve wildlife. “I love being in the forest with the chimpanzees,” she said. “I’d much rather be there than traveling around from city to city.” 29.What was Goodall’s childhood dream? A. She dreamed of going to college. B. She dreamed of studying animals in Africa. C. She dreamed of becoming a famous scientist. D. She dreamed of traveling all around the world. 30.What did Goodall’s mother think of her dream? A. As a girl she should not go to the African jungle. B. Her dream would remain a dream unless she got the right training. C. As a girl she should stay away from violent animals.
D. She could make her dream come true if she was determined. 31. Goodall’s most important discovery is that A. some animals use tools B. like humans animals have emotions C. chimpanzees could attack each other violently D. termites are chimpanzees’ favorite food 32. What is Goodall doing now? A. Studying animal behavior at Cambridge University. B. Raising funds for the preservation of wildlife. C. Observing chimpanzees in African jungles. D. Working hard for a PhD degree. D The world develops more and more quickly, while it is also polluted more and more seriously. Luckily, there are many ways to deal with the negative effects on the environment. One of these is driving an electric car. Electric cars produce about 80 percent less pollution than gas-powered cars. Besides, electric cars have more benefits than gas-powered cars for several reasons. First, the energy of electric cars is regenerative , which means that when you brake（刹车）in an electric car, you can charge（充电）the battery again. However, when you brake in a gas-powered car, you actually use energy. Also, during producing electric cars, engineers spend more time and energy making electric cars lighter so that there will be less drag(阻力) from the wind. This allows an electric car to travel farther using less energy than a gas-powered car. Driving an electric car can not only save energy, but also save more money and time. For example, it costs less to repair (维修)such a car. The cost of charging an electric car is about 20 percent of the cost of gas, and electric cars require less repair than gas-powered cars. This is because electric cars have no cooling systems and the other moving parts. There are fewer possible problems without the moving parts. Electric cars can also save people’s time. Gas-powered cars need to be checked in a few months, while all that you need to do is only replacing the battery every four years for an electric car. Now some people have begun to drive electric cars in several big cities of China. Though it may take a little time to get used to it, due to the great advantages, more and more people will use electric cars in the future. .
33.What does the underlined word “regenerative” mean in Chinese? A.浪费的 的 D.环保的 B.再生的 C.清洁
34.According to the passage, repairing an electric car is cheaper than repairing a gas-powered car, this is because_______. A. electric cars have fewer possible problems without moving parts B. people need little time to get used to electric cars C. electric cars need checking in a few months D. electric cars are environmentally--friendly 35.Which of the following is TRUE according to the passage? A. Electric cars produce about 20 percent less pollution than gas-powered cars. B. Pollution is more and more serious, people can not do anything about it. C. The drivers need to replace the battery every four years for an electric car. D.Electric cars require much repair than gas-powered cars. 第二节（共 5 小题：每小题 2 分，满分 10 分） 根据短文内容，从短文后的选项中选出能填入空白处的最佳选项。选项中有两项为多余 选项。 The eyes are the windows of the soul (心灵) . Having a pair of bright, clear eyes is very important, so we should protect our eyes throughout our lives. 36 reading. Keep a distance (距离)from the TV set when you watch TV and give your eyes a rest every 30 minutes. Don’t stare at the sun or try to read in the darkness. 37 your eyes easily. Get your eyes checked often. Not many people have this habit, but it is necessary. If you feel that there is something wrong with your eyes, get them checked quickly. 38 39 You can close your eyes for a few seconds or look into the distance （远 This can damage Don’ t read while lying down or walking. Relax after every hour of
处）for one or two minutes. A small break will relax your eyes and help to stop you from getting eye problems. Be careful when you choose your glasses. 40 . Make sure your glasses are right
for you . If they don’t feel right, get your glasses changed. A. Develop good reading habits.
B. Rest your eyes whenever you can. C. Make sure you get enough sleep every night. D. Glasses that aren’t suitable （适合）for you could bring you trouble. E. Even if you’re wearing sunglasses, never look directly（直接） at the sun. F. Eye problem can be found and treated early with regular（定期的） checks. G. Drink green tea every day as a way to protect your eyes against eye problems. 第三部分 语言知识运用 (共两节，满分 40 分) 第一节 （共 20 小题；每小题 1.5 分，满分 30 分） 阅读下面短文，从短文后各题所给的四个选项（A、B、C 和 D）中，选出可以填入空白处 的最佳选项。 Once a man came to a wise man’s house and said, “I have many bad habits. Which of them should I 41 first?” The wise man said, “Never tell lies 43 to do so and went home. 44 for 42
always speak the truth.” The man
At night the man was about to go out to steal. Before setting out, he
a moment about the promise he made to the wise man. “If he asks me where I have been, what shall I say? Shall I say that I went out nor can I 46 45 ?” No, I cannot say that, but 47 me and call me
. If I tell the truth, everyone will start 48 50 51 for stealing.” So the man habit. 49
a thief. I would be and gave up this Next day, he
not to steal that night,
to drink wine. When he was about to do so, he said to himself, 52 he asks me what I did during the day? I 53 of drinking wine. 55 his
“What shall I say to the wise man
cannot tell a lie.” And so he gave up the In this 54
, whenever the man thought of doing something bad, he 56
promise to tell the truth at all times. became a very 57 person. 58
, he gave up all his bad habits and
Telling the truth is a very good save yourself from a lot of 59
. If you always speak the truth, you can 60 and
and become a person whom everyone
favors.Make a promise: I shall always speak the truth. 41. A. take out 42. A. so 43. A. promised 44. A. played 45. A. walking 46. A. move B. give up B. for B. happened B. drank B. stealing B. say C. add up C. and C. settled C. thought C. studying C. lie D. pack up D. or D. began D. slept D. climbing D. help
47. A. hating 48. A. expected 49. A. decided 50. A. special 51. A. went 52. A. before 53. A. idea 54. A. case 55. A. recognized 56. A. At present 57. A. good 58. A. custom 59. A. tests 60. A. serves
B. catching B. hurt B. forgot B. funny B. wanted B. since B. word B. way B. planned B. Face to face B. strong B. habit B. hopes B. cheats
C. killing C. ignored C. asked C. great C. learnt C. if C. power C. place C. broke C. On purpose C. rich C. game C. pleasure C. likes 共 50 分）
D. believing D. punished D. pretended D. bad D. stopped D. as D. use D. wine D. remembered D. One by one D. calm D. hobby D. trouble D. dislikes
第 II 卷 （非选择题
注意事项：用 0.5 毫米黑色水笔在答题卡上作答。在试卷上作答，答案无效。 第二节 语法填空（共 10 小题；每小题 1.5 分，满分 15 分） 阅读下面材料，在空白处填入适当的内容（1 个单词）或括号内单词的正确形式填空。 并将答案完整地写在答题卡中相应的横线上。 I feel upset because I have a strange neighbour. She lives in a house with ____61___(dust) curtain ___62____ (hang)before dirty windows. I wonder if it is because she has no friends ______63______ she has developed the habit of setting down a series of facts she has gone through in her diary. She seldom goes ____64_____ (outdoor). However, one day I happened
______65_____(meet) her when she was walking the dog in the park ____66_____ dusk. She was much ____67_______ ( concern) about my new novel. It was the first time in a year that I ______68________ ( communicate) with her face ___69____ face. We didn't stop talking until the sky was ____70_____ ( entire) dark. We had got to go home immediately because a thunder storm was on its way. 第四部分：写作（共两节，满分 35 分） 第一节 短文改错 （共 10 小题；每小题 1 分，满分 10 分） 假定英语课上老师要求同桌之间交换修改作文，请你修改你同桌写的以下作文。作文中
共有 10 处语言错误，每句中最多有两处。每处错误仅涉及一个单词的增加、删除或修改。 增加：在缺词处加一个漏子符号（∧）并在其下面写出该加的词。 删除：把多余的词用斜线（\）划掉。 修改：在错的词下划一横线，并在该词下面写出修改后的词。 注意：1.每处错误及其修改均仅限一词； 2.只允许修改 10 处，多者（从第 11 处起）不计分。 Last Sunday afternoon, I went to the zoo with Lily. There was lots of people there. I found a girl cry in the zoo. She was lost and she can’t find her mother. We decided to help her. I tried my best find the broadcasting station in the zoo. On the same time Lily played with her and looked after her careful there. The little girl stopped crying and played with Lily. At last his mother came. I felt very happily. I thought I really did a good things. If everyone helps with each other, the world will become more beautiful. 第二节 书面表达（满分 25 分） 假如你是某高中学生李光，进入高中后，你觉得学英语的方式和初中有很大不同，你给 自己的英语王老师写了一封信，讲述自己的英语学习情况。要包括以下内容： 1．开始学习高中英语时，觉得英语比初中英语难很多，几乎丧失信心。 2．后来认识到英语的重要性。 3．每天努力学习英语。 4．向老师和同学请教更好的英语学习方法。 5．现在英语取得了很大进步，对英语越来越感兴趣。 提示： 初中 Dear Mr. Li, junior high school 高中 senior high school
- 10 -
Wish you all the best. Yours
- 11 -
答案 第 I 卷(选择题，共 100 分) 第一部分 听力（共 20 小题，每小 1.5 分，满分 30 分） 1-5 ACBCB 6-10 CACBB 11-15 CABCA 16-20 BBACA
第二部分 阅读理解 第一节（共 15 小题；每小题 2 分，满分 30 分） 21-24AACD 25---28AAD C
29-32 B D A B 33—35 BAC 第二节（共 5 小题：每小题 2 分，满分 10 分） 36-40 A EFBD 第一节 完形填空（共 20 小题；每小题 1.5 分，满分 30 分） 41-45 BCACB 46-50CADAD 51-55BCABD 56-60DABDC
第二节（共 10 小题：每小题 1.5 分，满分 15 分） 61. dusty 62.hanging 63. that 64. outdoors 65. to meet 66.at 67. concerned 68. had communicated 69. to 70. entirely
第四部分 写作（共两节，满分 35 分） 短文改错（共 10 小题，每小题 1 分，满分 10 分） Last Sunday afternoon, I went to the zoo with Lily. There was lots of people were there. I found a girl cry in the zoo. She was lost and she can’t find her mother. We crying couldn’t
decided to help her. I tried my best ∧find the broadcasting station in the zoo. On to At
the same time Lily played with her and looked after her careful there. The little girl
- 12 -
carefully stopped crying and played with Lily. At last his mother came. I felt very happily. I her happy
thought I really did a good things.（thing） If everyone helps with(删除) each other, the world will become more beautiful.
书面表达 (25 分） Dear Mr. Li, I’m glad to tell your that I have made great progress in my English study since I became a senior high school student. When I started senior English in the beginning, I found it much more difficult than what we learned in junior school and O almost lose heart. Later, O realized the importance of English, so I got up early every morning, recited English words, listened to English tapes and did a lot of exercises. I also asked my teachers and classmates for better ways of learning English. Now, I’m improving my English greatly. And I’m getting more and more interested in learning it. Thank you so much for your great help in your class. Wish you all the best. Yours
- 13 -