第 19 讲：模拟考场
单项选择 I. 选出划线部分读音相异的词
1. A. mind B. dinner C. bridge D. happily 2. A. lot B. strong C. doctor D. front 3. A. park B. start C. large D. quarter 4. A. born B. short C. world D. north 5. A. foot B. moon C. cook D. stood 6. A. south B. thin C. eighth D. either
II. 选择填空 7. Lin Tao is_______ Class 2, Grade 3. A. of B. on C. in D. at 8. My sister________ her homework every evening. A. do B. did C. does D. doing 9. Cars and buses_______ stop when the traffic lights turn red. A. can B. must C. may D. need 10. ---I'm sorry to trouble you, Miss Gao. ---______. A. The same to you. B. Fine, thanks. C. That's all right D. It doesn't matter 11. You may call Robert Thomas Brown . A. Mr. Robert B. Mr. Thomas C. Mr. Brown. D. Mr. Robert Thomas 12. The new evening dress_______her 300 yuan. A. spent B. took C. pay D. cost 13. Jim ______ at this school ____two years ago. A. has been ...for B. has been ...since C. have been ...since D. have been ...for
14. Please ____the radio. It's too loud. A.turn off turn on C. turn down D. turn up 15. Mr. Black couldn't buy___many things. A. he B. his C. himself D. himselves 16. Could you tell me___the computer? A. how to use B. to how use C. how use D. how use to 17. You'd better ___late for the meeting. A. not to B. not be C. not to be D. not 18. Bruce studies ___Dick. A.so hard as B. as harder as C. as hard as D. as hardy as 19. My parents ___teachers of maths. A. all are B. are all C. both are D. are both 20. ----Could I speak to Mr. Smith, please? ----___. He's gone to the post office. A. I think so B. Certainly you can C. I'm afraid not D. I'm not sure 21. The shop is ____on weekdays. But it's ____ on weekends (周末). A. to open...closed B. opens...closed C. open...closed D. opened...close 22. My brother asked me ___kite___. A. who...this was B. whose...this was C. whose...was this D. who...was this 23. ---___do you write to your mother? --Once a month. A. How soon B. How long C. How often D. What time 24. Who's going to ___care of the garden while you are away? A. have B. give C. take D. look 25. There are two Chinese classes on Friday, ___? A. is there B. aren't there C. are there D. isn't there 26. ---Would you like a cup of tea? ---_______. A. Not at all. B.No, I wouldn't C. No, thanks D. Yes, I like it 27. Do you enjoy ____popular music? A.to listen to B. listening to C. to hear D. hearing
28. Before you decide to buy a new coat, you may ___. A.try it in B.try in it C. try on it D. try it on 29. People plant trees to stop the sand __towards the rich farmland. A. to move B.to moving C. from move D. from moving 30. This jacket ___cotton. A. makes of B. are make in C. is made of D. made in 31. The work was ___difficult ___it took us quite a long time to do it. A. such...that B. so...that C. too...that D.too...to
完型填空 At the entrance to a big office in London there was a book. All workers had to write(1) when they (2) each morning. At nine o'clock, the manager(经理）had to draw a red line (线）(3) the last name in the book, and anyone who came after that had to write why he was (4). When there was a thick (5) in the city, the first person to arrive late usually(6) "Delayed (耽搁）by fog" under the red line in the book, and then everybody(7) who came after thet just wrote"The same". But one foggy morning, the (8) man to arrive late wrote "My wife had a baby early this morning " instead of (代替） "Delayed by fog" under the red line in the book.Twenty (9) thirty people who came after wrote "(10)" as usual.
1. A. numbers B. times C. names D. excuses 2. A. arrived B. left C. got up D. met 3. A. on B. beside C. above D. under 4. A. out B. late C. away D. sorry 5. A. rain B. fog C. snow D. traffic 6. A. found B. understood C. said D. wrote 7. A. else B. only C. or D. here 8. A. last B. first C. old D. young 9. A. with B. of C. or D.but 10. A. No B. Yes C. OK D. The same
Passage 1 When Martin was a little boy, he lived in the little town---Holthan. At that time, he thought
the town was very big. Well, Martin came back to the town last night, "It's a small town!" he thought. The town has changed very little in the past forty years. But Martin has changed a lot. He has grown into a man.His thought (思维) are man's thoughts.He sees things through a man's eyes.Martin stayed in the town for five hours.He walked from street to street, but he knew nobody. Was Holthan, then, a town of strangers (陌生人)? No. He suddenly understood it all. Only he was a stranger of the town.
根据短文内容，选择正确答案 1. Holthan was ___. A. a small village B. a small town C. a big country D. a big town 2. Martin left the town ___. A. when he was forty B. four years ago C. when he was thirty D. forty years ago 3. Now Martin sees things through ___eyes. A. a man's B. a boy' C. a child's D. a stranger's 4. Martin ___during his five hours stay in the town. A. saw nobody B. saw a lot of things C. met no friends D. didn't want to see his friends 5. Which of the following is true? A. Martin stayed in the town or two hours. B. Martin was not a stranger in the town. C. The town has changed a lot. D. A man's thoughts and a child's thoughts are different.
Passage 2 Many places in the world need more fresh(淡的)water. Every country is trying to find ways to turn salt water into fresh. Why aren't there many factorres like the Symi factory? In some places, the sunis not hot enough. Or it does not shine every day. In such places, other ways of heating (加 热)﹕seawater can be used.These ways cost more money,but tehy work faster then the sun.By boiling (煮沸);sea water with high heat, a lot of fresh watercan be made quickly. But heating is not the only way toget fresh water from salt water. other ways are tried. One way is freezing (冷 冻).The fresh part ofsalt water freezes first.To get fresh water, the bits of ice are taken out. Which way is best? The onethat gives the nost water for the least money. It may be a different way for each place. Symi's way seems very good for small, hot places. It does not make very much water at a time. But the factory is easy to build and costs little.That is why people in many dry places talk about Symi!
1. From this passage(短文)we know that fresh water_______. A. is needed in every country B. can be found in many factories C. can be used in many ways D. is very important for factories 2. What is the writer mainly (主要的) talking about in the passage? A. Water-making factories in different countries B. The ways of making fresh water from sea water C. Hot places and dry places D. How to make good use of the sun 3. The Symi factory_______. A. seems good but too small B. is a fresh water-making factory C. can make much fresh water at a time D. does not need sunshine every day 4. Which is the best way for small and hot places to get fresh water? A. Boiling or heating the sea water B. The way in hotter and drier places C. The Symi's way D. Freezing the sea water in cold places. 5. Which of the following is not true? A. New ways are tried to get fresh water. B. A lot of fresh water can be made quickly by heating. C. The best way is to get more fresh water with the least money.
D. The Symi's way does not work in dry places.