成都市 2013 届高中毕业班第二次诊断性检测 英语
本试卷分选择题和非选择题两部分。 第 I 卷(选择题)1 至 9 页， 第 II 卷(非选择题)10 至 12 页， 共 12 页;满分 150 分，考试时间 120 分钟。 注意事项： 1. 答题前，务必将自己的姓名、考籍号填写在答题卡规定的位置上。 2. 答选择题时，必须使用 2B 铅笔将答题卡上对应题目的答案标号涂黑，如需改动，用 橡 皮擦擦干净后，再选涂其它答案标号。 3. 答非选择题时,必须使用 0.5 毫米黑色签字笔，将答案书写在答题卡规定的位置上。 4. 所有题目必须在答题卡上作答，在试题卷上答题无效。 5. 考试结束后，只将答题卡交回。 第 I 卷(选择题,共 90 分） 第一部分英语知识运用(共两节，满分 40 分） 第一节语法和词汇知识(共 10 小题;每小题 l 分，满分 10 分） 从 A、B、C、D 四个选项中，选出可以填人空白处的最佳选项，并在答题卡上将该项涂黑。 1. —Can I have an apple, Uncle Pal? —______. An apple a day keeps the doctor away. A. It doesn’t matter B. It’s a deal C. You’re welcome D. Help yourself 2. As the road to the airport is under reconstruction, we’d better ______early to avoid the traffic jam, A, pay off B. set off C. put off D. take off 3. On seeing ______gift they wanted ，the kids screamed with ______delight. A. /; a B. a； the C. the； / D. the； a 4. Up to now, thousands of red phone boxes, the old image of Britain, ______ due to mobile phones. A. removed B. have removed C. were removed D. have been removed 5 ______all the homework assigned by the school the students have to work at it till midnight A. Completing B. To complete C. Having completed D. To have completed 6 The Charles Dickens Museum in Doughty Street is the only one of his London homes to survive，______he wrote Oliver Twist. A. where B. that C. which D. what 7. When I ______home, I caught a thief stealing from a passer-by. A. headed B. was heading C. has headed D. had headed 8. —What are you two whispering about over there? —Oh, ______. Just small talk. A. no B. nobody C. none D. nothing
9. —Where did you get this book? —I picked it up from a second-hand bookshop if you ______know. A. must B. will C. can D. shall 10.I couldn't imagine ______difficult it was for these badly injured victims to make it to the hospital. A. when B. how C. what D. where 第二节完形填空(共 20 小题；每小题 1. 5 分，满分 30 分） 阅读下面短文，从短文后各题所 给的四个选项(A、B、C 和 D)中，选出可以填入空白处 的最佳选项，并在答题卡上将该选项 涂黑。 Being on the road at 3:15 a. m. to drive 450 kms wasn’t in my plans for the weekend. I had been looking forward to a couple of 11 ______ days to prepare myself for the following busy 12 ______ . My son, Simon, and his good friends were heading for the 13 ______ . Due to the last- minute issue with transportation, I 14 ______ my car to ensure that everyone could get to the 15 ______ point so that they could get together and enjoy their week’s 16 ______ by snowboarding and skiing. The only thing that 17 ______ to me on my journey was that no sooner had I 18 ______ and said goodbye than I would make the trip 19 ______ ， in total, a round trip of 900 kms in just 10 hours. Such a long drive in one day was frightening, 20 ______ as I was looking forward to relaxation Simon and I 21 ______，on our way ，a little about his break and a whole lot of his school subjects. It was great to have this time with him as we 22 ______ spent five continuous hours together ，other than when we played Saturday cricket (板球). On my return trip, I 23 ______a strange sense of loneliness in some heavy morning 24 ______. Within an hour it 25 ______ . I spent the next four hours listening to some CDs and enjoying the scenery. Surprisingly, after my long trip home I was 26 refreshed and energized even though I was physically exhausted. And I knew that I would have a(n) 27 ______ sleep that evening. A change 28 ______ your environment, no matter how great, can provide you with the opportunity to 29 ______something from different angles, as well as to be refreshed and energized Now I’m looking forward to my next 30 event and many more opportunities to spend quality time with those who are important to me and make my life more rewarding. 11. A, surprising 12. A. hour 13. A. snowfield 14. A, fueled 15. A. kick-off 16. A, freedom 17. A. appealed B. exciting B. day B. beach B. parked B. drop-off B. excitement B. happened C. moving C. week C. hotel C. offered C. get-off C. adventure C. appeared D. relaxing D. month D. school D. lent D. take-off D. break D. occurred
18. A. rested 19. A. back 20. A. even 21. A. quarreled 22. A. constantly 23. A developed 24. A. smoke 25. A turned 26. A. greatly
B. started B. forward B. just B. talked B. usually B. showed B. dust B. cleared B. completely
C. arrived C. out C. particularly C_ complained C. frequently C. lost C. fog C. froze C. immediately C. sound C. in C. find out C. unexpected
D. left D. away D. mostly D. argued D. rarely D. kept D. snow D. shone D, mentally D. light D. for D. carry on D. prepared
27. A. uncomfortable B. uneasy 28. A. about 29. A. give up 30. A planned B. from B. look at B. discussed
第二部分阅读理解(共两节，满分 50 分） 第一节阅读下列短文，从每题所给的四个选项(A、B、C 和 D)中，选出最佳选项，并在 答题 卡上将该项涂黑。 （共 20 小题;每小题 2 分，满分 40 分） A I moved from Chicago to Brooklyn in July of 2010，just in time to watch my mother die. Our parents were both gone now； I took with me as many things they had left behind as I could. I was out walking one Saturday later that summer when something caught my eye - a pale green dress. Laid out on the pavement was stuff like earrings, glass candle-holders, books. Hanging on the fence behind were a few pairs of jeans and a green cotton dress. The woman, the host o? the stoop (门廊）sale, looked like she was getting rid of a past she didn’t need or want. A dress that was too big for her. A chest of drawers that took up too much space, space she needed, maybe, to heal ，recover, or grow. I wasn’t planning on buying anything really, but now I needed to show her that I appreciated her things and I would give them a safe home. Then I had my first stoop sale —I paid her 20 dollars for her green cotton dress and her blue candle-holder, From that day on, I became interested in stoop sales. Some of my favorite things are from someone else’s life. I find no joy in shopping at regular stores any more. I love trying to sniff out a memory from a bud vase or a drawer. It is comforting to know that someone has breathed and laughed inside a sweater before me. A few weeks ago, I carried my mother’s dresses to a friend’s stoop. These were her best items ， which were once worn by the most important person in my life. For many hours, I watched from across the path people advancing the stoop, some leaving with Mom1S dress. I used to think that her stuff was as forever sacred (神圣的） as my memory of her, I know now that once I love a scarf or shirt too dearly，it needs to find a new home. Even that green dress is long gone by now.
31. The author took her mother*s dresses after her death because ______ A. she valued the things used by her mom B. she didn’t want to throw them, away C. she could sell them later D. they were her mom’s best items 32. From the passage, we know that ______. A. the things the author bought from the woman are too big B. the author is fond of imagining others’ life experiences C. the author will never shop at regular stores any more D. the author still keeps most of her mom’s things 33. In the last paragraph ，the author tries to tell us that ______. A her mom is the number one person in her life B. she didn’t really want to sell her mom’s dresses C. she still thinks of her mother quite often D. love doesn’t mean holding on to something tightly 34. It can be inferred that the author will ______. A. not sell her own things at stoop sales B. keep her mom in her mind in another way C. be sad about all the memory of her mom D. move to another city for a new life B Welcome to The English Garden Shop. These garden tools are chosen for us by our partners at Quality Garden Tools. All items are discounted Quality Garden Tools aims to deliver from stock in 48 hours. All items are covered by manufacturer’s(制造商）guarantees. Postage and packing is just ?3. 95 on orders under ?l00 and free thereafter.
HAWS 8.8 LITER PROFESSIONAL LONG REACH CAN GREEN A fabulous professional British made watering can in traditional green. The Haws green 8. 8 liter long reach watering can is given a powder coated painted finish for maximum protection. This can is perfectly balanced and the long spout makes watering the back of beds and borders very easy. Order code： HG88WC OURPRICE： ?52. 95
ARS IOOOL LIGHTWEIGHT HEDGE SHEARS These ARS hedge shears are really difficult to find! Made in Japan, they are some of the very best available ， especially for shaping work. These shears are lightweight and perfectly balanced for maximum comfort. The blades are very sharp and are made of hard carbon steel The handles are made of aluminum for both strength and reducing weight. Length： 650 mm. Order code： ARSHS-EG PRICE： ?69.95
BULLDOG STRAPPED DIGGING SPADE & FORK SET A really traditional set of garden tools (just like Granddad used to have!). Both the spade and fork are made in the UK and are strapped for extra strength. The handles are traditionally all made of top quality wood and the spade has treads to save your boots. Order code： BSDTS-EG A GREAT SAVING on the ?128. 89
SPEAR & JACKSON—^E 元百 BE^D STAINLESS STEEL TROWEL This traditional Spear &- Jackson stainless steel hand trowel is a real workhorse of the garden. Never bend range；perfect for lots of jobs around the garden. The mirror polished stainless steel head reduces soil adhesion and is rust resistant The weatherproofed， hardwood handle gives greater durability. Order code； SJSST-EG ENGLISH GARDEN SPECIAL PRICE： ?13. 15
35. How much will you pay for a pair of shears? A. ?17. 1. B. ?52. 95. C. ?69. 95. D. ?73. 9. 36. If you buy a set of spade and fork, you should fill in the Order code “______”. A. BSDTS-EG B. SJSST-EG C. ARSHS-EG and HG88WC D. HG88W and BSDTS-EG
37. You don’t have to pay for the postage if you buy ______. A. HAWS LONG REACH CAN GREEN B. LIGHTWEIGHT HEDGE SHEARS C DIGGING SPADE & FORK SET D. SPEAR & JACKSON TROWEL 38. The underlined word workhorse is closest in meaning with ______. A. maker B. laborer C. speaker D. digger C People think what I do is so wonderful because I interview stars. And I have to admit that when I first started working at Sassy in 1987 I was excited about that part of my job for the first couple of months，anyway. Then I noticed how stars would fool me around for months. I could never get enough time with a star to find out anything interesting, and some acted just simply rudely. I started hating the way I was treated, and I was really disappointed to see that these people I had worshipped (崇拜）before were pretty ordinary. So I decided I would just tell the truth instead of keeping up their myths(神秘）.If the star was a bad guy, I would say so. If I thought anyone was stupid, I did not hold back that information. I thought readers would appreciate that kind of honesty. Surprisingly, many of them hated me for it. I have gotten so many attacks on my character. In their eyes，being famous is everything, even more desirable than being truly creative and talented Why do we need stars? In fact, the media created stars to satisfy our basic need for gossip ( 闲 话）.Over time, talking about people we have never met and we are never likely to meet has become what we are crazy about. Thus, some people are more interested in the personal lives of the stars than in the lives of their own family and their own friends. That is why it is so ridiculous when a star wants to discuss only his or her work in an interview -as we care. We want the dirt on their personal lives. There is another reason we worship stars. As a whole, our society is not as religious as it once was. It seems that people need something to fulfill them the way religion once did. Star worship exists as an unfulfilling desire for true heroes. We make them stars, but then their reputation makes us feel unimportant, and we truly feel better about ourselves when they die. I am part of this whole process. No wonder I feel soiled at the end of workday. 39. What are the stars like according to the author? A. They always treat others rudely. B. They always talk about something dull. C They are acutually ordinary people. D. They are usually honest and polite, 40. We worship stars because ______. A, we need true mental heroes to support us B. we can learn something useful from famous stars C. we concern about the stars ，family and friends D. we like talking about the stars ，dressing styles
41. When the author is writing this article ，his tone sounds ______. A, excited B. angry C. worried D. calm 42. What is the main purpose of the author writing the passage? A. To show the disadvantages of working with stars. B. To remind us not to worship famous stars blindly. C. To laugh at the failures of stars he has interviewed. D. To talk about the reasons why we worship stars. D Some young Cambodians are learning a new sport — skateboarding. The country’s first skateboard park is located on the grounds of a local charity group at the edge of Phnom Penh, the capital. Sports like Khmer boxing and soccer are wildly popular in Cambodia. But Chea ，who has been skating for 6 months ，says skating has already become his favorite sport. The skaters are learning tricks like launching off a jump or half-pipe and flying through the air on their narrow wooden boards. A non-governmental organization called Skateistan Cambodia organizes weekly programs at the park. Skateistan started its work in Afghanistan years ago. Rory Burke is working with the group which expanded to Cambodia last year. Rory Burke points out, “Yeah, it’s definitely not a typical Cambodian pastime (消遣）.And I think the idea of ‘why skateboarding’is that it’s not been done before here. We want to use skateboarding as something saying, ‘Hey， this is new ， this is something different.， And that kind of itself becomes a little bit of hook. People see it and they think and they say, ‘Wow, what is that?，and they want to get involved. ” Skateistan partners with local groups that work with young people. The park is on the grounds of the group known as PSE, where children attend school and learn a trade. There are almost one hundred twenty participants. They all come from troubled lives. Seventeen-year-old Sang Rotha is a student at PSE. “Sometimes I don’t do well on subjects like math,”he says, “I feel bad when I find it hard to keep up with my lessons. So that is why I skateboard -to improve my bad feelings. ’， He says he began skateboarding more than a year ago. Before he started training, it seemed very easy. But it was very difficult to learn tricks, and he got hurt a lot from falling off. Rory Burke says learning to deal with the difficulties is part of the lesson for these young skateboarders. 43. According to the passage, PSE is a group ______. A. that works with Cambodian students B. for young Cambodians to learn a trade C. for young Cambodians in troubled lives D. for young Cambodians taking skateboarding 44. What is said about skateboarding in the passage? A. It is easy for young Cambodians to learn. B. It is a good sport to help regain good feeling.
C. D. 45. A. C. 46. A. B. C. D. E
It originated in Afghanistan years ago. It is as popular as Khmer boxing in Cambodia. The underlined part a little bit of hook probably means ______. something strange B. something quite new something different D. something attractive It can be inferred from the passage that skateboarding is becoming ______. a sport liked by most young Cambodians an increasingly popular sport in Cambodia a sport used to better young Cambodians’ life a good way to train young Cambodians’ learning skills
Yawning sends out certain messages -either “Oh ，this movie is so boring” or “I probably need to get some sleep”. But did you know that a yawn can also help your brain to cool down when it is overheated? A new study, led by a research team at Princeton University, has indicated that yawning could be the brain’s natural way of regulating temperature. People yawn more often when the temperature outdoors is lower than their body temperature but are less likely to yawn when it is hotter outdoors, according to Sciencedaily. com. The research team did an experiment on 160 people, 80 in summer and 80 in winter, to examine how often they yawned at different air temperatures. The study found that people yawned more often in winter than in summer. Scientists say that when the air temperature is lower outside the body, there is heat exchange between the overheated brain and the cool air. But when the air temperature is higher than or equal to the body, people are less likely to yawn because the hot air they breathe in will make the brain even hotter. When people yawn, their jaw is also stretched ，which increases blood flow and may also help cool the brain The study showed that the amount someone yawned could be related to the amount of time they spent outside. The longer they spent outside in summer, the less they yawned. Nearly 40 percent of participants yawned within their first five minutes outside, but after that the percentage was reduced to less than 10 percent. However, the result was the opposite in winter. The number of people who yawned increased when they spent more than five minutes outdoors. But the change was only slight compared to summertime. According to Gallup, this is the first report to show that yawning frequencies change depending on season. This could help us to understand better the way our brains work. It may also help us understand the reason why frequent yawning can sometimes be a sign of brain disease. 47. The purpose of the experiment is ______. A. to prove people yawn in winter and in summer equally B. to indicate brain can regulate temperature naturally C. to find the frequency of people’s yawning D. to show the real reason why people yawn
48. A. B. C. D.
The information we get from Paragraphs 5 and 6 is that ______. longer outdoor summertime results in more yawns yawning frequency changes with outdoor time yawning frequency increases with outdoor time longer outdoor wintertime leads to fewer yawns
49. Acorrding to the text ，people yawn more often ______. A, when the air temperature is lower outside the body B. when the hot air breathed in makes the brain hotter C. when the air temperature is higher than the body D. when the air temperature is equal to the body 50. What could be the best title for the text? A. Yawning Is A Sign of Brain Disease B. Yawning Carries Some Information C. Yawning Benefits Your Body D. Yawning Cools Your Brain 第二节根据对话内容， 从对话后的选项中选出能填人空白处的最佳选项,然后将答案 写到答 题卡相应的位置上。选项中有两项多余选项。 （共 5 小题;每小题 2 分， 满分 10 分） A； Pacific Bell. May I help you? B： 51 ______ A： May I ask why? B； Well, I’m moving house* I’ve just graduated, and I’m moving to California for a new job there. A： 52 ______ B： Thanks. And my phone number is 320-428-7859. A： Oh，I got it And the name on the account ，please? B： Edward Ryefield. That is R-Y-E-F-I-E-L-D. A： 53 ______ B： It’sJune5，1988. A： 54 ______ B： August 9，by 5 pm. A： No problem. B： Oh, yes, one more thing. I have a monthly pre-paid home phone plan with yoa Can I have some of my money back? A： 55 ______ B： That’s too bad. A： Sorry about it, Mr. Ryefield, and the telephone will be disconnected at 5 pm， August 9. A. Sorry, you can’t. B. Congratulations! C. Absolutely you can. D. I’d like to have my phone disconnected E. By the way, when are you moving to California? F. Then when would you like to have it disconnected?
G. OK, for security purposes, may I have your date of birth ，please? 第三部分写作(共三节,满分 60 分） 第一节阅读表达(共 5 小题;每小题 2 分，满分 10 分） 阅读下面短文并回答问题，然后将答案写到答题卡相应的位置上(请注意每题词数要求)。 I ordered a new consumer product on New Year’s Day. The order was so exciting that I felt it was going to enable me to stay organized and stylish. Then I went to the store and made the purchase. They made it pretty difficult because of a new process that had just been put in place. I went to the store with my cash in hand hoping to just give it to someone to get my new product, but I had to work pretty hard to get someone to let me buy it. Two weeks later, a new accessory (附件）became available for my product. I decided to go and procure this new accessory on my birthday. However, they didn’t have any and nobody could answer my questions, and they only had a number system before you could talk to anyone. So I spent an hour of my birthday sitting around waiting to be told that I couldn’t be helped. I’m a customer that just wanted to buy the product, and then when 1 wanted to keep giving them money for my shiny new product, they stilll weren’t interested The only way 1 was told to get what I needed was to call someone and they could help. I knew it would be an experience that would require much patience, so I waited a week and a half to make that call. Today was the day. I was also reminded today that sometimes things would just be comically bad from beginning to end. After two specialists and one hour and twelve minutes, I got the information I needed. This terrible experience isn’t quite over yet, but it’s definitely reached the comical stage. So I’m laughing and thinking about what lesson I should learn from this situation. 56.Why did the purchase become hard for the writer? (Within 8 words) ____________ 57.What does the underlined word “procure” mean? (1 word) ______________ 58.What did the writer have to do to get the accessory? (Within 10 words) ______________ 59.How did the writer find his experience? (1 word) ______________ 60.What would you do if you were in the writer’s situation? (Within 20 words) ______________ 第二节短文改错(共 10 小题;每小题 1. 5 分， 满分 15 分,将答案写到答题卡相应的位置上） 下 文中共有 10 处语言错误，每句中最多有两处。每处错误仅涉及一个单词的增加、删 除或修 改。 增加:在缺词处加一个漏字符号（ )，并在其下面写出该加的词。 删除:把多余的词用斜线(\)划掉。 修改:在错的词下划一横线，并在该词下面写出修改后的词。 注意:1.每处错误及其修改均仅限一词； 2.只允许修改 10 处，多者(从第 11 处起)不计分。
My neighbor’s children love playing hide-and-seek as other children do ，but everybody had imagined that the game they played themselves last week would be reported in the local newspaper. One afternoon, they are playing at the street comer. Paul, only five year old, hid and locked himself in a storage mailbox in accident His sister, Nancy, heard his cries and realized what had happened, so she immediately asked a mailman open the metal door. Paul was free ，but he had such bad a scare that he could not stop ay. The mailman told him that next time he wanted to hide in a mail box, he should remember to put the stamp on himself. When he heard that ，Paul burst into laughing. 第三节书面表达(满分 35 分，将答案写到答题卡相应的位置上） 假设你叫王平。为响应国家厉行节约的号召，请你以“厉行节约——为资源、为环保”为 题， 向某英语报社编辑写信，表达你对厉行节约的看法。该英文信应包括以下内容： 1. 节约与资源的关系； 2. 节约与环保的关系； 3. 举例说明中学生该如何厉行节约； 4. 倡导社会保持节约的优良传统。 注意:1.词数:120 字左右； 2、全文不得体现出人的真实姓名