Module 1 Our Body and Healthy Habits
1. diet, get\ be on a diet, 节食 a balanced diet 平衡膳食 I can’t eat too much meat, I’m on a diet now. 2. fit, adj, 健康的，强健的， vt, 适合，合身 keep fit 保持健康 The air is becoming more and more polluted. It’s really important to keep fit.
fit, suit, match
This pair of shoes doesn’t fit me well, it’s too small. (大小，
The climate[气候] of Africa doesn’t suit me, it’s too hot.
The curtains and paint in the room match quite well.（两事
Carpets should _______ the floor. match suit It doesn’t ______you to have your hair cut short. I can’t go that far, long plane trips don’t ____ me. A. suit B. fit C. agree to D. match Her shoes ______ her dress, they look very well together. A. suit B. fit C. compare D. match
3. toothache, 【 -ache, “疼痛”】 头痛(headache) 胃痛(stomachache) 背痛(backache) 喉咙痛(sore throat) 眼痛(sore eyes\ eye ache) 4. anxious, be anxious about\at… be worried about 对…感到担 = 忧 be anxious for sth = be eager for 渴望知道、得到 be anxious to do sth.. 渴望(某人)作某事
anxious→anxiety, n 焦虑，忧虑，渴望→anxiously,焦虑地
Teachers are anxious about\ at students’ safety. Take care of yourself. We are anxious for your safe return. 5. injure, wound, hurt 异同 She was badly injured in an accident. The bullet wounded his arm. The driver hurt himself badly in the accident.
总结归纳： injure, “意外或事故中造成的损伤，常暗示受伤部位的功能受到影响” wound, “在战场上，打斗中受到的肉体伤害，如刀伤，箭伤，枪伤等” hurt, “指肉体或心灵上的伤害，作不及物动词时，意为“疼痛”
Exercise： 1.My chest _____ when I take a deep breath, doctor A. hurts B. wounds C. harms D. injures 2. The arrow __ her in the chest. A. hurt B. wounded C. hit D. injured 3. He __ himself in a traffic accident. A. hurt B. wounded C. injured D. damaged 4. That'll __ his feelings. Don't do that. A. hurt B. wounded C. damage D. injured 5. After a time, my back didn't __ any more. A. wound B. injured C. hurt D. hit
6. head, vi, 朝….方向前进 head for\ towards….. After the war broke out in Burma, many refugees headed for Yun nan, China. 覆盖 英语中存在名词动词化的现象，如： During the winter time my roof is carpeted with white snow. 超过，高过，比某 If he had tried harder, he could have topped his class. 人做得好 When my car broke down, I flagged a police car. 回避，逃避 打旗语 His speech was full of generalizations（泛泛而谈）, and ducked all the real issues. 对…作手脚，篡改 He tried to doctor the number before tax time. Yesterday he booked a flight to Taiwan. 预定 I would be glad to house you for the weekend. 给….提供住所 He was dogged wherever he went. 尾随，跟随 He has fathered two children before his remarriage. 为人父
7.神奇的eye, an eye for an eye.. all eyes on,,,, eye to eye, turn a blind eye to… have an eye\ eyes for…. the apple of one’s eye. keep an eye on sb\sth.. catch one’s eye sb’s eyes pop out Mr. Zhang was elected Chairman of China last night, which hit me right between the eyes. Don’t take too much food, I know your eyes bigger than your mouth. He makes eyes at every pretty girl he sees. --- She is not beautiful at all. Why you love her so much? --- Well, you know. Beauty lies in lovers’ eyes. I fought with my brother last night, I got beat up, but I also gave him a black eye.
Part 2. Reading
English proverbs about health
You are what you eat.
饮食决定你的健康/吃啥补啥。 ? Healthy mind in a healthy body. 有健全的身体才有健全的心智。 ? Early to bed, early to rise makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise. 早睡早起使人健康、富足、聪明。
An apple a day keeps the doctor away. 一天一苹果，医生远离我。
1. Now look at the picture on page (2) . Please give me your first impression of Zhou Kai .
healthy like sports confident
Read the passage about Zhou Kai ( 1 ) and answer the following questions : 1.Why is Zhou Kai’s mother anxious ?
Because he is going out to play football in the rain without a jacket .
2. What does Zhou’s mother think will happen ? She thinks he will catch a cold .
3. What does she ask him to do ?
She asks him to wear a jacket at least .
Work in groups to make a flow chart about how Zhou Kai caught a cold .
go out in the rain
get Wet all over
March each paragraph with their main idea
Zhou Kai(1) He is healthy. He takes a lot of exercise
Para. 1 Para. 2 Para. 3
The thing he is crazy about Whether he should put on his jacket if he goes out to play football Zhou Kai has a healthy diet
Carefully read passage(1)(2) and choose the best answer
1. Which of the following statements is RIGHT? A. Zhou Kai was strong enough to protect him from the cold weather. B. Zhou Kai was not healthy enough to play football in the rain. C. Zhou Kai’s mother advised him to play football in the rain with a jacket on. D. Zhou Kai’s mother didn’t allow him to play football in the rain.
2. The passage Zhou Kai (2) mainly tells us ________ A. he has a healthy lifestyle B. his mother is quite kind C. something about his daily life D. he is the captain of the class football team. 3. And I'm not too heavy,so I never have to diet. the word "diet" means_____ A. eat meat B. eat less sweets C. eat more fat D. eat less
4. From the passage,which of the following is not healthy food? A. fresh vegetables B fruit C.fish D. fat 5. ZhouKai is a person _____ A. who often plays football while raining B. who often gets injured while doing sports C. who is a lot healthier than his classmates D. who catches no cold all the time
True or False:
1. Zhou Kai’s family eat a lot of vegetables, fruit and meat.
2. Zhou Kai seldom gets colds or flu. 3. A week ago, Zhou Kai injured his arm. 4. Two years ago, Zhou Kai hurt his leg while playing football. 5. Zhou Kai considers himself to be crazy about football.
Finish exercise④, ⑤ on page 3 of your textbook..
Part3 . Key sentences ＆structures
1.When Zhou kai’s mother saw him heading towards the front door without a jacket on. see sb doing\do sth 看见某人正在\做某事
点拨：感官动词 see, watch, observe, notice, look at, hear, listen to, smell, taste, feel + do 表示动作的完整性，真实性；+doing 表示动作的连续 性，进行性。
They knew her very well. They had seen her___up from the childhood. A. grow B. grew C. grown D. growing The missing boy was last seen___ near the river. A. played B. playing C. to play D. to be played I heard Luoying___ to Mr.Zhang in the office yesterday. A. talking B. talked C. to talk D. talk
without a jacket on, （不）没穿夹克 点拨：【结构：with\ without+ n\ pron+ n\adj\adv\prep\非谓语动词（doing, to do, done） 在句中作原因，时间，伴随，方式等状语。】 She used to sit reading in the evening with her pet dog her only companion Don’t talk with your mouth full. With the radio on , grandma fell asleep in the chair . With so many problems to settle, the new manager was so worried.
I couldn`t finish my work with those children __. A. playing around B. plays around C. played around D. to play around In the reading-room, we found her seated at a desk, with her attention __ on a book. A. fixing B. fixes C. fixed D. to fix
With a lot of difficult problems __, the newlyelected president is having a hard time. A. settled B. settling C. to settle D. being settled
2. “…you will catch a bad cold. ” said his mother. 身体患病：have\catch a cold\fever\temperature\headache\stomachache\cough…. 3. “No, I won’t…” said Zhou kai, as he opened the door. 善变的as: ▲⑴, as 可用作连词，引导比较、时间、原因及方式等四种状语从 句，应注意的是，引导的比较状语从句往往有省略；引导的时 间状语从句一般用一般现在时而不用一般将来时；引导原因状 语从句时与“Because”和“since”引导的从句比较起起来语气 最弱。 此处，as引导时间状语从 句，表明主从句两个动作 You will become wiser as you grow older. 同时进行，且含有延续性。 As rain has fallen, the air is cooler. This dictionary is not as/so useful as you think. ⑵as作介词，意思时“作为”，“以……身份”。 例如：He came to China as a tourist five years ago.
⑶而表示 “像…一样”时，as通常作介词用，而介词后面通常 接名词，代名词和动名词。 He is sleeping as a child on the bed. ▲⑷as作连词引导让步状语从句 as与although (或though)，都可以引导让步状语从句，含义是" 虽然，尽管"，但它们有区别：although语气稍正式些，可放 在句首，也可放在句中，主句中不能再用but，但可以用yet； as所表示的语气较强，引导的让步状语从句用倒装语序. 例如： Although he is quite old, he still jogs every day.他虽然年纪相当大，
Strange as it may seem, nobody was injured in the accident.这次意
Smart boy as he is, he can’t do everything. 尽管他是一个聪明的孩子，但他不可能会做任何事。
1. He does not speak ______ other people do. A) like B) after C) before D) as 2. ______ they are, atoms are made of still smaller units. A) Small as B) As small C) Small but D) But small 3. This basket is ____ big ____ that one. A) as…then B) so…as C) as…as D) no…than 4. _____I know, we shall have a discussion on Thursday. A) As for B) As far as C) As long as D) As soon as 5. _____you will, you won’t manage it. A) Try but B) Try as C) As try D) But try 6. _____a student, you should attend all classes. A) For B) Like C) As D) To
4.I very rarely get colds, although, unusually for me. rarely, adv, 很少地，罕有地 although, 表示“虽然”，常位于句中，用逗号与前面的句子隔 开。 含有否定意义的词：never，seldom，few，little, barely， hardly scarcely，rarely, nowhere, by no means, under no circumstances, in no way, at no time, in no case, not until等位于句首， 句子常采用部分倒装形式。 Nowhere could the homeless girl go in the cold winter. Under no circumstances shall I change my attitude towards work.
3.Not until his father was out of prison to school. _______. A. can John go B. John can go C. could John go D. John could go 4.Never before __seen such a stupid man. A. am I B. was I C. have I D. shall I 5.Rarely ___about such a silly thing. A. have I heard of B. I have heard of C. I have been hearing of D. have I heard from 6.Little ___about his own health though he was very ill. A. he cared B. did he care C. does he care D. he cares 7. She's passed the test. ____. A. So am I B. So have I C. So I have D. Also I have 15.You like football very much. ______. A. So do I B. It is the same with me C. I do too D. So I do 16. ____, he is honest. A. As he is poor B. Poor is he C. Poor as he is D. Poor as is he 17. _____, he knows a lot of things. A. A child as he is B. Child as he is C. A child as is he D. Child as is he
Part 4. Grammar 一般将来时 The present continuous tense. (will+do…\ be going to do…)
Ⅰ. will + do表示将来
1. 此时此刻看来将要发生的动作或存在的状态；事物固有 的属性或必然趋势，如： Tom will come back next week. People will die in the end. 【2011湖南】In the near future, more advances in the robot technology ___ by scientists. A. are making B. are made C. will make D. will be made 【2009江苏】--Ann is in hospital. ---Oh, really? I ___ know. I ___ go and visit her. A. didn’t; am going to B. don’t; would
Ⅱ. be going to+ do…表示将来
“be going to+ 动词原形”表将来，多用于口语中， 表示“计划，打算要做某事”，另外，be going to还可以表示根据现在的迹象，对未来进行推
The president is going to speak on TV tonight. Look at the dark clouds, it is going to rain.
Ⅲ. be about to do..表将来
be about to do..表示“立即的将来”，该 句型很少与表示将来的具体状语时间连 用，但是可以和when引导的时间状语从 句连用，构成be about to do..when…句 型。如： The train is about to leave, let’s hurry. I was going out for dinner when an unexpected guest came to my house.
Ⅳ. 有些动词，如come, go arrive, leave, stay,begin, start, 等，其一般现在时和现在进行时也可表示计划、安排将来要 发生动作或状态。 Professor Wang is coming\ comes tonight.
Ⅴ. be to do sth,,表示将来 1. 表示按计划、安排要做的事 The queen is to visit China in a week’s time. 2. 表示“应该”，相当于should， ought to. You are to report to the police when you see a robbery. 3. 表示“想，打算”，相当于intend, want. If we are to be there before ten, we have to go now. 4.用于否定句，表示“禁止”，相当于“mustn’t”. You are not to smoke in the reading room. 5. “表示可以，可能”，相当于may, can. The news is to be found in the evening paper. Such people are to be found everywhere.
特别提醒： ▲ 1. be to blame\ be to let
be to blame（该受责备）与be to let（待出租）两个结 构中，用不定式的主动形式表被动意义。 Which driver is to blame for the accident. The house is to let. ▲2. 在时间，条件，让步状语从句中，主句常用一般将来时， 而从句常用一般现在时表将来，构成“主将从现”的时态 一致原则。 I will write to him when I have time. We won’t go to the park if it rains tomorrow. I will follow him, wherever he goes.
1.What are they doing? They are taking exercise.. 2. Do you often take exercise?
Q:What are these sports?
Do you like eating fruits or vegetables in everyday life?
Q:Are these things healthy?
What would you like to eat, Chinese food or Western food?
Q: 1)Do you think health is very important?
2)What shall we do to keep healthy? To form good and healthy habits. (e.g., healthy diet, enough exercise, good spirit)
A test on your health condition:
1. Do you sometimes get colds and flu? 2. Do you eat at least three portions of fruit and vegetables a day? 3. Do you eat fish once a week or more? 4. Do you take at least two hours’ exercise a week? 5. Do you eat much fat, for example, fatty meat? 6. Do you eat a lot of sweet things, for example, chocolate? 7. Do you rarely get toothache, but sometimes go to the dentist for examining? 8. Are you quite fit?
If yes, add 2 points to yourself, if no, add 1 point.
Result: 11-14 points—healthy; 8-10 points — not healthy enough.
A healthy life is better than a wealthy life.
Early to bed and early to rise
Do exercise regularly
Staying up and getting up late
Smoking /drinking too much
How to stay healthy?
Healthy habits Unhealthy habits
Fruits /vegetables /green food
How to stay healthy?
Healthy habits Unhealthy habits
Fruits /vegetables /green food Fried/salted/canned/fast food. Early to bed and early to rise Staying up and getting up late Do exercise regularly Smoking /drinking too much A balanced mood A balance between work and rest A bad mood Over working without rest
Some Chinese proverbs on health
1) 病从口入。 A close mouth catches no flies. 2) 健康胜于财富。 Health is over wealth.
3) 饭后百步走，延年又益寿。 After dinner sit a while; after supper walk a mile. 4) 冬吃萝卜夏吃姜， 不用医生开药方。 Carrots in winter and gingers in summer keep the doctor away. 5) 饮食决定人生 You are what you eat.
Look at these words and answer the questions
anxious break (an arm) captain fever injure injury pain painful normal sweets
1.Which words are connected with food ? Sweets 2.which words are connected with the body
break an arm , fever, injure , injury , pain , painful
3.Which word means usual or ordinary ?
4. Which word means leader?
may be happen
5.Which word means worried about something
Revise the vocabulary we have learnt.
Search the internet for more information about how to keep healthy . Preview the reading part.