56. What did Rashid plan to do after his arrival in Sydney? A. Go shopping B. Find a house C. Join his family D. Take his family
in a hotel for a short time while looking for a house 可知作者的丈夫Rashid 独自一人到了悉 尼后住在旅馆，同时到处去给家人找房子住， 故答案选B。
57. The girl’s parents got Rashid’s phone number from_______. A. a friend of his family B. a Sydney policeman C. a letter in his papers D. a stranger in Sydney
考查细节理解，根据文章倒数第二段At last they had seen a half-written letter in the pile in which my husband had given his new telephone number to a friend. 可知陌 生人一家是通过作者丈夫文件中一封信里的内容得知 他的电话号码的，故答案选C。
58. What does the underlined word “restored” in the last paragraph mean? A. Showed B. Sent out C. Delivered D. Gave back
考查猜测词义，A展示；B寄出；C运送；D归还， C项易误选，要注意deliver侧重送货上门，而根据文 章倒数第二段My husband rushed to their home to find a kind family holding all his papers and documents. 可 知那家人把捡到的文件替作者的丈夫保存着，然后 亲自送还给他，由此判断“归还”更符合语境。
59. Which of the following can be the best title for the text? A. From India to Australia. B. Living in a New Country. C. Turning Trash to Treasure. D. In Search of New Friends.
考查文章标题，文章讲述了作者的丈夫丢失的物 品被人认为是垃圾而扔到了垃圾箱里，但是有一个 好心的家庭却把那些文件规整好送还给作者丈夫， 这些别人眼里的垃圾对作者的丈夫来说是重要的， 由此判断C项更能体现文章中心，故答案选C。
60. According to Anderson , before 1970, Americans had little idea about ___ A the social movement B recycling techniques C environmental problems D the importance of Earth Day
考查细节理解，根据文章首段Anderson 的 话“We didn’t know at that time there even was an environment ,let alone that there was a problem with it,” 可知当时人们不知道环境这 个概念，更别说环境问题了。
61. Where does the support for environmental protection mainly come from? A The grass –roots level B The business circle C Government officials D University professors
细节理解，根据文章第二段Business people, political leaders, university professors, and especially millions of grass-roots 可知商人、政界领导、大学教 授，尤其是平民百姓都参与到了保护环境的运动中 来，由此判断保护环境的支持主要是来自草根阶层。
62. What have Americans achieved in environmental protection ? A They have cut car emissions to the lowest B They have settled their environmental problems C They have lowered their CO levels in forty cities. D They have reduced pollution through effective measures .
细节理解题，根据文章倒数第二段In 1988 there were only 600 recycling programs …and building designs have helped save a lot of energy and therefore prevented pollution . 可知回收工作的改进，先进产品和住房设计 的研制开发等措施都有效减少了污染，改善了环境， 故答案是D。
63. What is especially important for environmental protection according to the last paragraph ? A. Education B. Planning C. Green living D. CO reduction
考查主旨要义。四个选项对于保护环境都是重要 的，但是作者在文章末段提到目前几乎每所学校都 有关于环境保护的课程，而且通过最后Bruce Anderson的话：Until we do that , nothing else will change! 可知教育在改变人们保护环境意识、改善环 境问题方面至关重要。 故选A。
64. What does that term“au pair” in the text mean? A. A mother raising her children on her own B. A child learning a foreign language at home C. A professor in language education of children D. A young foreign woman taking care of children.
猜测词义题，误选项为A，因为文中多次提到学汉 语的儿童，但是根据文章第三段had another reason for looking for an au pair from China 和第四段 “Staying with a native speaker is better for children than simply sitting in a classroom,” 可以推断美国家长 希望孩子能够在家和来自中国的人们学英语，由此 判断au pair 是指住在家里可以教给孩子语言的年轻 人，选D。
65. Li Drake has her children study Chinese because she wants them ______. A. to live in China some day B. to speak the language at home C. to catch up wit other children D. to learn about the Chinese culture
考查细节理解，根据文章第三段内容Li Drake 所言Because I am Chinese, my husband and I wanted the children to keep exposed to(接 触) the language and culture. 可知她让孩子学汉 语的原因是想让孩子理解中国的文化，故选D。
31. What can we infer from the text? A. Learning Chinese is becoming popular in America B. Educated woman do better in looking after children C. Chinese au pairs need to improve their English Skills. D. Children can learn a foreign language well in six months.
判断推理题，作者在文章首段提到美国的潮流就是小孩子在家 学习汉语，而且给出了具体的数字证明，再通过文章末端It is expected that American demand for au pairs will continue to rise in the next few years. 可知对au pairs 的需求将会继续增长，故选A。
67. What should you know about farecard machines? A. They start selling tickets at 9:30 a.m. B. They are connected to change machines . C. They offer special service to the elderly . D. They make change for no more than $5.
细节理解题，根据Metrorail (地铁) 部分第二段 there are no change machines in the stations and farecard machines only provide up to $5 in change. 可知自动售 卡机只能多找5美元的零钞，故选D。易错为A，文中 Use it after 9:30 a,m. until closing on weekdays 是使用 farecard的时间，而非farecard machines售票的时间。
68. At what time does Metroarll stop service on Saturday ? A. At midnight B. At 3 a.m. C. At 5 a.m. D. At 7a.m.
细节理解题，根据Hours of service的介 绍部分Close midnight Sun-Thurs； 3a.m. Sat-Sun可知在周末停运时间是凌晨3 点。故选B。
69. What is good about a SmarTrip?card ? A. It is convenient for old people . B. It saves money for its users C It can be bought at any train D. It is sold on the Internet
细节理解题，根据文章第三部分对Metrobus的介 绍When paying with exact charge , the fare is $1.35.When paying with a SmatTrip?card , the fare is 1.25.可知如果使用SmarTrip?cards 的话，乘客可以 节省0.1美元，故选B。
70. Which number should you call if you lose something on the Metro? A.202-962-1195 B.202-962-1100 C.202-637-7000 D.202-637-8000
细节理解，根据文章末端内容If you lose something on a bus or train or in a station, please call Lost &Found at 202-962-1195，可 知如果乘客丢失物品的话，可以拨打失物招 领处的电话202-962-1195，故选A。